Giving back is the easiest most rewarding way to help someone else. There are a number of ways business owners and entrepreneurs can give back to their community this holiday.
There are a variety of benefits to you and your company when giving back to your community this holiday. Below is 5 ways you can benefit:
- Giving back improves a company's brand awareness with community members and employees who live and work in the area.
- Giving back can foster growth in a company or for an entrepreneur by providing an opportunity to listen and learn from the community (what it wants, what it needs, and what it means to give). The act of giving back doesn’t have to proceed without thought of what the company needs or even what the company desires to give.
- Giving back, especially on an individual level (such as tutoring, mentoring a child or volunteering in a soup kitchen), is good for your health.
- Maybe you’re looking for a career change or a career boost, a volunteer opportunity would be a great and beneficial way to begin.
- Having a stake in the community means coming in contact with community members who may often be overlooked, ignored, or outright scorned depending on their situations.
Business organizations like Westchester Networking for Professionals decided to give back this holiday by hosting a Thanksgiving Food Drive, collecting non perishable food items and a Membership Drive which they will donate 15% of new membership enrollments the organization receives back to a local charity that helps homeless and needy families in the area.
What will you be doing this holiday season to give back to your community? Please feel free to share your thoughts below in the comment section.
Westchester Networking for Professionals (WNFP) is an organization consisting of professionals and entrepreneurs which focuses on the success of our Members. We help our Members establish lasting relationships and generate new business opportunities towards the growth of their business.
Stay Connected with WNFP!